What personal data do we store and process?
Customers of the online shop
Within the scope of our business activity via the Internet (eshop.pragjesu.cz) we collect the following personal data of our customers: name and surname, delivery address, telephone, e-mail address or bank account. The personal data of customers is archived for 3 years from the last communication.
Members of the Society of Friends of the Infant Jesus of Prague (SPPJ) and those interested in information from the Church of the Infant Jesus
Personal data of SPPJ members and those interested in information from the Church of the Infant Jesus of Prague are stored on the basis of a request to join the Society of Friends of the Infant Jesus of Prague or on the basis of an expressed interest in information. We keep name, date of birth, contact address, email, telephone, language of communication, information about correspondence received and sent (date and subject), and for SPPJ members, the date of enrolment. Data is retained for 10 years from the last communication, after which it is removed from the database.
For donors who contribute to the work of the Monastery of the Infant Jesus of Prague and to the missionary work of Discalced Carmelites in the Central African Republic, we keep the personal data provided when the donation is sent. We are obliged to keep some data about donors and donations on the basis of applicable legislation (in particular the Accounting Act, tax laws), while others are kept on the basis of donors’ consent.
For donors, we process information on name and surname, date of birth, contact address, bank account, telephone number if applicable, e-mail address, language for communication. For donations received, we collect information about the donor (matching the donation to a specific person), the date of receipt of the donation, the method of donation (cash – non-cash), the amount of the donation and the currency in which the donation was made. For correspondence, only the subject and date of mail received (sent) are recorded. The data is retained for 10 years from the last communication, after which it is removed from the database.
Visitors to the website www.pragjesu.cz
How do we handle personal data and who has access to it?
- We store your data in a secure location, without the possibility of access by unauthorised persons. We only use services for electronic data storage that guarantee compliance with the EU Regulation.
- Personal data can be accessed by authorised employees of the Monastery of the Infant Jesus of Prague (accountants, e-shop and office staff) to the extent necessary.
- For donors, members of the SPPJ and those interested in information, we use personal data to inform them about what is happening at the Church of the Infant Jesus of Prague by mail or email. In addition, we use personal data for purposes for which we are required by law (in particular, accounting records, providing receipts of donations received for tax purposes).
- We do not provide your personal data to any third parties. The exception is contractors who provide delivery, payment and web services for us. The partners are legally or contractually bound to use the data only for the purposes of providing the service and to comply with data protection in accordance with the EU Regulation. They may not provide your personal data to anyone else.
Our contractual partners processing selected personal data are:
- Mangoweb, s. r. o. – website and e-commerce management
- PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. – receipt of e-commerce payments and donations made via a link on the website
- GOPAY s.r.o. – receipt of e-commerce payments
- The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp (USA) – distribution of electronic church information materials
- UniCreditBank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s. – bank account maintenance
- Google, Inc. – web storage and email services under the Google for Nonprofits program, website traffic analysis (Google Analytics)
- Czech Post, s.p. – mailing of goods and letters to donors and SPPJ members (e.g. donation receipts)
- DHL International GmbH – delivery of goods to e-commerce customers
- Procura Missioni Carmelitane Liguri (Arenzano, Italy) – distribution of the magazine Missionary Friendship
What are your main rights in relation to the processing of personal data?
- You can request information about what personal information we hold about you and ask for your data to be corrected or updated by contacting us at the
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, or request to unsubscribe of receiving postal or email correspondence.
- You can request that your personal data be removed from our database altogether. We are obliged to comply with your request, unless we are otherwise obliged to process the data by law.
If you have any doubts about compliance with your personal data processing
obligations, you can contact us or the Data Protection Authority of Czech republic.
The data controller is the Monastery of the Infant Jesus of Prague, Karmelitská 9, 118 00 Prague 1, Czech republic, ID 61381683.
Contact for donors, members of SPPJ, those interested in information and visitors to the website:
firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 257 533 646
Contact for e-shop customers:
email@example.com, +420 720 335 667