A human being with their responsibilities in the family, in the society and in the world. In their magnitude, individuality but also in their fragility. A human being as a question to which they seek answers themselves. A human being in the dialogue with themselves, with others and with God. All that matters in our project Human being in the Dialogue.
Monday 23 Jul 6 pm
A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life
In English with Czech interpretation. Admission free, no reservation needed.
Richard Rohr OFM – american franciscan priest, intenationally well recognized teacher of contemplation, preacher and author. Founder of Center for Action and Contemplation in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Richard gives lectures and leads retreats all over the world. He is an author of numerous books such as Wild Man‘s Journey, On the Threshold of Transformation and Falling Upward. One of his key programmes is the MORP (Men´s Rites of Passage) Initiation. Inspired by Richard´s life work with men the Czech movement „Chlapi“ (Men) has worked in Czechia for more than twenty years.
Ethics in the time out of joint
“The time is out of joint” (Shakespeare – Hamlet)
Not many pose the question of the meaning. We are witnessing a pulverisation of social éthos. Many things which have been considered unconceivable recently in the life of the society are almost a common part of it today. We do not ask if this or that is good for our lives and our relationships. We do not ask if something is meaningful, just if it is feasible. And many sort of things are feasible. What has been considered solid, stable and invariable yesterday, is on the run today, with an only (if any) question: How can it be done? In this year of the “Ethics in the time out of joint”, we want to seek together how to strengthen and control our own free and responsible actions.
The language of the lectures is Czech unless stated otherwise.
20. 2. Ludmila Trapková, Vladislav Chvála
clinical psychologist and psychiatrist; family therapists
20. 3. Václav Moravec
journalist, teacher, anchorman
10. 4. Miroslava Němcová
politician, member of parliament
24. 4. Josef Kordík
catholic priest, military chaplain
22. 5. Peter Pöthe
12. 6. Jan Sokol
philosopher, university teacher
23. 7. Richard Rohr: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life American OFM priest, teologian, teacher, writer IN ENGLISH WITH CZECH INTERPRETATION
4. 9. L. Trmíková, J. Nebeský: Mlčky křičet
18.9.- Jaroslav Šonka
political scientist, specialist on European politics
16. 10. Tomáš Šebek
surgeon, Doctors without borders
13. 11. Dana Drábová
nuclear scientist, politician
12.12. Víťa Marčík Theater
Programme 2017: Seeking spirituality in liquid times
We re-discover that our identity and our anchor in this contemporary world requires not only a firm attitude connected to the earth, where we live, but also an upward look. A healthy spirituality or verticality, this both transcendent and creative dimension of human life, gives us the ability of creative power to build the human society, to participate in the public good and to pour hope into the life.
17. 1. 2017 Anna Hogenová Philosopher, phenomenologist, professor at The Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Humanities of the Charles University in Prague Filosofka, fenomenoložka, vyučující Pedagogické a Husitské teologické fakulty Univerzity Karlovy
14. 2. 2017 Kateřina Lachmanová
Theologian, psychologist, general editor
8. 3. 2017 Ivana Noble
Theologian, clerk of the The Czechoslovak Hussite Church, professor at the Protestant Theological Faculty of the Charles University in Prague
22. 3. 2017 Jiří Drahoš Physical chemist, president of The Czech Academy of Sciences
5. 4. 2017 Víťa Marčík theatre: Moravian Passion-play Easter, Passion, crucifixion of Christ as playd by the marrionetter Víťa Marčík
25. 4. 2017 Tomáš Sedláček Economist, former advisor of the Czech president and the minister of finance, teacher at Faculty of social sciences of the Charles University in Prague and the University of New York in Prague
2. 5. 2017 Vladimír Volráb Clerk of the The Czechoslovak Hussite Church, national coordinator of the World Community for Christian Meditation in the Czech Republic
17.5. 2017 Jan Jandourek Sociologist, writer, journalist
13. 6. 2017 Peter Tavel psychologist, dominican priest, dean of the Faculty of Theology of Palacký University, researcher of the yacht across the ocean
August – September Jindřich Štreit: The Gate of Hope Exhibition of photography (17.9. discussion with the author)
26.9. 2017 Radkin Honzák
17.10. 2017 Helena Klímová Therapist, author, Charter 77 signatory, president emerita of the Rafael Institute
14. 11. 2017 Ladislav Heryán
Priest, salesian, musician, theologist
October – November Neratov
The story of transformation of a pilgrimage site. Exhibition.
The lecture of Zygmunt Bauman, professor of sociology, philosopher, author of the concept of liquid modernity, was scheduled for May 2017. Professor Bauman deceased on January, 9th this year at the age of 91. Though we will not meet professor Bauman in person, we believe his ideas and thoughts will be part of many of our dialogues. May he rest in peace.
January 1 – Jan Poněšický, physician and psychologist
February 23 – Otmar Oliva – academic sculptor, Robert Svatoň – theologian
March 15 – Jana a Jindřich Kalinovi, married couple
April 14 – Marek Eben, musician, actor and anchorman
May 25 – Marek Vácha, catholic priest and natural scientist
July 7 – Helena Illnerová, natural scientist
September 20 – Helena Klímová, therapist
October 18 – Jan Poněšický, physician and psychologist